Saturday, August 17, 2013

Commitment # 2: Unity

Why should the church be unified? Because our God is unified. One God-Three Persons. Each person of the God head displays humility. The Father exalts the Son. The Son obeyed the Father. The Holy Spirit magnifies the Son. There is an 'other' centered focus.

Satan on the hand centers on self exaltation and self praise. He boasts, disrupts, murders, lies, and accuses.

The church must follow and resemble its Heavenly Father and not the father of lies. Take a moment and pray over the second pledge. How will you seek to be a source of unity?


First Baptist Church, Oak Ridge
The Second Pledge
I am a church member.

I am a church member. I will seek to be a source of unity in my church. I know there are no perfect pastors, staff or other church members, but neither am I. I will not be a source of gossip or dissension. One of the greatest contributions I can make is to do all I can in God’s power to help keep the church in unity for the sake of the gospel.


________________________
Sign and Date






No comments:

Post a Comment