Friday, August 16, 2013

Commitment #1 From "I am a Church Member"

Thom Rainer in "I am a Church Member" rightly states in chapter one "Biblical membership is functioning membership (15)" Being apart of a church means that we are all necessary parts of a whole, different, but working together, doing and saying everything based on the biblical foundation of love. 

FBC Oak Ridge; Carefully pray over the commitment from chapter one.  We will have an opportunity to corporately sign this commitment on Sunday August 18th, 2013. 


First Baptist Church, Oak Ridge
The First Pledge
I am a church member.

I like the metaphor of membership.  It’s not membership as in a civic organization or a country club. It’s the kind of membership given to us in 1 Corinthians 12:27 “Now you are the body of Christ, and individual members of it” 
Because I am a member of the body of Christ, I must be a functioning member, whether I am an “eye,” an “ear,” or a “hand.”  As a functioning member, I will give.  I will serve.  I will minister.  I will evangelize. I will study. I will seek to be a blessing to others.  I will remember that “if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it” (1 Corinthians 12:26).



________________________________
Sign and Date



"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all." 
2 Corinthians 13:14

No comments:

Post a Comment